hot and sour soup
[main recipe page]
categories: [asian] [soup]
4 cups chicken broth 2 tbs cornstarch
1/4 cup water
3 cloud ear mushrooms
3 Chinese mushrooms 1 egg
20 lily buds
2 tsp sesame oil
1 small pkg tofu 1 scallion (optional)
3 tbs white vinegar bamboo shoots, etc. (optional)
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp white pepper
(1) Wash cloud ear mushrooms, Chinese mushrooms, and lily buds and
soak in warm water for 30 minutes. Remove hard stems and shred.
(2) Cut tofu into 1/2" cubes.
(3) Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and pepper in a cup.
(4) Mix cornstarch and water in another cup.
(5) Beat egg.
(6) Cut scallions into small pieces.
(a) Mix chicken broth, mushrooms, and lily buds in a soup pan. Boil
for 8 minutes over medium heat.
(b) Add tofu. Add vinegar mixture. Mix and cook 30 seconds.
(c) Add bamboo shoots, etc.
(d) Add cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
(e) Remove from heat and add egg, drop by drop.
(f) Mix in sesame oil and scallions.